Placing a background color on my laptop

Short 'How-To' step by step instructions - NOT a place for questions!

Moderators: BobCP, agsone, gregtutor, Lem3, art0l0

Placing a background color on my laptop

Postby will459 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:30 am

Been using Kompozer on my 10yr old Toshiba laptop with no problems at all. 2 yrs back I gave it a rest but still use it now and then - works OK
2 yrs back I started using an HP laptop and somehow I cannot place a background color on this laptop / Kompozer pages . Tried over 100 times - no luck
The url for the color goes to the ' source page ' but will not show up on the view page. I need to say that I was using Firefox on both laptops and then swithed over to Chrome, could this be part of my problem ? The old Toshiba laptop is on Chrome and no problems there today. Appreciate your help. Will.
will459

Re: Placing a background color on my laptop

Postby gregtutor on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:26 am

If it works for you when using KompoZer installed on your Toshiba, but doesn't when using KompoZer on your HP, then it makes it sound as if something is corrupt in the installation of KompoZer on the HP.
Have you tried re-installing KompoZer on the HP?

There is no reason why switching browsers should affect the results, Both browsers should render the code generated KompoZer in the same way.

I assume this means:
will459 wrote:The url for the color goes to the ' source page ' but will not show up on the view page.

that you see the correct code generated by KompoZer when viewing the source, but it does not show in in WYSIWYG view. What happens if you use the KompoZer's preview button to launch the page in your browser?

What shows when you load the saved page into Chrome or Firefox direct from "Documents"? What is seen in either browser when you view it once uploaded. Exactly what steps do you take to add the background colour and what is the result of each step. (I am trying to work out if the code is actually written to the file, or if the code gets lost inside KompoZer.)
Greg Chapman
http://www.gregtutor.co.uk
Helping new users of KompoZer - but using BlueGriffon
gregtutor

Re: Placing a background color on my laptop

Postby will459 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:04 am

Hi Greg. Many thanks for your help and your advice. I managed to finally get to my pages with a my selected background colour and colour of text by viewing my pages in Chrome. Takes a bit longer as you need to go a couple of steps up and a couple down. So I'll settle with that and happy. I did totally delete the program like you said and started afresh but it was still NBG. Funny why on the old 10yr old Toshiba it still works perfectly. Thanks again, Will.
will459

Return to 'How-To' Articles